Prefabricated houses, an upward trend
Prefabricated houses are gaining prominence in the real estate market and one of the causes is the infinite possibilities they offer. One of the main reasons is that this type of housing can be modified depending on the owner’s requirements.
What are prefabricated houses?
Prefabricated houses are homes built in parts or modules and then moved to the place where they are to be installed.
This type of construction must go through a quality control process to guarantee that this type of house is durable and stable, as well as being correctly energy efficient.
What are the advantages of this type of construction?
The main advantages of prefabricated houses are
- Delivery time: The delivery time is usually reduced considerably since the client only has to configure the dimensions, number of rooms or bathrooms according to one or several models of already pre-designed houses.
- Price: The price is also usually cheaper than a conventional construction, although depending on the finishes that you want to add, you can increase the total price of the house.
- Energy consumption: they are usually constructions with a lower energy consumption than common houses, thus reducing the environmental impact.
Types of prefabricated houses
Prefabricated houses can be of various types:
- Prefabricated wooden houses: Wooden houses are simpler and cheaper in terms of price, but they need more maintenance and their durability is lower, although this does not mean that it is a wrong decision compared to those of other materials. It will depend on the location and the preferences of the client.
- Prefabricated concrete houses: Compared to wooden houses, which may be more in demand in other regions of the world, in Spain on the other hand, preference is given to prefabricated concrete houses. A house that is manufactured from architectural concrete blocks by modules.
These modular houses are characterized by a good resistance to the passage of time, since concrete is a very durable material. Moreover, they offer the same possibilities as traditional houses.
- Prefabricated steel houses: this type of steel construction is more durable and stable. Its main advantage is that it requires low maintenance and can be given a different and modern style.
We can also find:
- Mobile homes.:Mobile homes are usually made of PVC and are usually smaller in size to facilitate mobility.
- Fixed houses: these are the ones mentioned above, as in Spain this type of construction is usually contracted more.
You can create very simple “low cost” models of prefabricated houses, or high luxury houses with very careful designs. In addition, thanks to this new manufacturing process, the possibility of adding as many modules as the owner wishes, makes the price modular. The characteristics and size influence the final price.
The ‘boom’ of prefabricated homes: faster to build, expandable and more efficient
The increase in the price of the rent means that the focus is once again on the purchase of the home.
More and more Spaniards are choosing to live in houses built on industrial premises and then transported to the place where they wish to live.
They are more efficient than conventional properties, although not as cheap as they seem. The price depends on the characteristics of the home, its size and other features that you want to include. One of the materials most used in its construction is concrete.
The demand has tripled in Spain in recent years.
The demand for building prefabricated houses is increasingly common in Spain. In the last three years, the purchase of this type of modular home has tripled.
The demand for this type of modular home has tripled in recent years in our country.
The reasons: A cheaper square metre, the possibility of personalising the detail by building or touching up on demand and the reduction in energy consumption are some of them.
The impact generated by this model of house is less than that of others and they are considered ecological houses thanks to their energy efficiency, both for the materials used and for their construction process.
One more alternative to traditional properties that is entering the property market with force.